Thursday 16 December 2010

Christmas Prezzies and Circular Knitting

Right, my in-laws sent us money so that we could buy our own stuff for Christmas this year so I bought some Knitpro stuff.

In an earlier post I wrote about my new Knitpro Interchangeable knitting needles and how i didn't like the acrylic, well I changed my mind.  I have a tendency to do this, its normal and quite often end up back where I started.  So having decided earlier that I didn't mind the acrylic needles after all I went ahead with my money and bought the deluxe set from Knitpro, the multicoloured set that is!



Along with this I bought some spare cables, cable connectors and one set of 4 mm 6 inch Double Pointed Needles (DPN's).  The thing is I've been toying with knitting in the round for a while now, there are 3 ways to do this so I decided to try out all 3 before committing myself to buying lots of extra needles etc.  There's magic loop, 2 circular needles and DPN's, my starter set that I already have allowed me to try out the first 2.  I found magic Loop do-able but didn't like it, can't put my finger on it though.  Using 2 circulars at once to knit a tube worked but I found stopping at the end of each needle to move the stitches onto and off the cables slowed me down.  I also found that when it came to putting the stitches back onto the needle from the cable that the last 2 stitches were quite tight and made it harder to do so.  I reckon this was a result of me tightening stitches to avoid ladders but couldn't figure out how to stop it happening.

So today I got my first set of DPN's and cast on to try a sample, the first few rounds were a bit fiddly but after a couple of complete rounds it was ok and I way flying, I love these.  Don't get me wrong, I could use 2 circulars to knit in the round but I really really love DPN's.

So my next step now that I've figured out how which method I prefer is to buy a set of DPN's, Knitpro do a set in metal and wood

No comments:

Post a Comment