Sunday 25 July 2010

More Babette Ponderings

Right since I first starting thinking about this I've changed my mind a bit.  To be fair that's normal for me its to be expected.

First off I am not using Bonus DK as the colour range isn't wide enough for the Warm/ Cold colours I wanted to do.  Someone pointed out to me on the "We Love Lucy" group on Ravelry that the Babette cushion I said I like was being made with Biggan Merino 8ply (DK weight).  So off I went and immediately started drooling, bought a shade card and I am still drooling.  It does cost more per ball, well d'oh its merino its supposed to, but the shades it comes in make it worth it and then some.  I can't get enough of the shades this comes in  :)

So now I have got my yarn sorted I decided to plan out a rectangle Babette by making an extension.  I was happy too that I have managed to draw this in Electric Quilt 7.  This means once I get the colours picked I can colour it in on screen and plan out what I'm doing well in advance.  For now though i need to save up for my yummy yarn :)

Other than all this I have been up to a lot and think I need to do a few postings to show what I've been up to.  Finishes, new starts and ideas :)

See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment